Provision of quality integrated health services that meet the needs of our community.
Alexandra District Health provides a range of inpatient (medical and surgical) and primary health services in Alexandra. Primary Health services are also provided at our campuses in Marysville and Eildon.
- · Medical – supported by local General Practitioners and visiting specialists in cardiology, paediatrics, respiratory and nephrology.
- · Surgical (general surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedics, ophthalmology, urology, ear, nose and throat, gastroenterology, endoscopy) – supported by visiting specialist surgeons and specialist anaesthetists.
- · Urgent Care – qualified nursing staff supported by local General Practitioners.
- · Diagnostic Services – radiology, ultrasound and pathology are provided on-site by private providers.
Community Health Services:
- · Allied health services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, speech therapy, counselling, and access worker. Allied Health Assistants support these programs and services.
- · District nurses based at Alexandra cover the eastern side of the Murrindindi Shire.
- · Chronic disease management is delivered via a diabetes educator, pulmonary rehabilitation program, cardiac rehabilitation program, continence management and a variety of activity programs.
- · Health promotion is encompassed into the roles of all staff and a wide range of health promotion activity.
Alexandra District Health’s Strategic Plan 2015-2018 can be read at http://www.alexandrahospital.org.au.