Graduate Nurse Program
Alexandra District Health is participating in a collaborative Graduate Nurse Program in partnership with Eastern Health. This program is unique and has been designed to enable Graduates of the Bachelor of Nursing Degree to experience a diverse range of clinical experiences in a rural setting. Eastern Health is the nearest metropolitan referral centre from Alexandra.
As part of the collaborative Graduate Nurse Program, Alexandra District Health offers:
- A 6 month rotation working on the acute general medical/surgical ward (the other 6 months will be at Eastern Health).
- There will be opportunities to experience our Urgent Care Centre, Operating Theatre and Community Health services.
- 4 x Graduate positions per annum, 0.84 EFT (8 shifts per fortnight).
- Support from an allocated nurse preceptor and Training & Development Coordinator
- Participation in Graduate Nurse specific study days and learning opportunities
- Develop an understanding and appreciation for the rewards and challenges of working in a Rural Health Service
- Subsidised fully furnished accommodation
If you would like to arrange a visit to our Health Service, please contact our Training & Development Coordinator Natasha Bowater on Natasha.Bowater@adh.org.au or phone (03) 5772 0888.
Applying for a Graduate Nurse Position:
To apply for a Graduate Nurse position at Alexandra District Health, graduates must be eligible and meet the essential criteria for PMCV computer match https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/.
To apply please submit the following documentation:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- certified academic transcript
- two recent clinical appraisals
- employment or volunteer referee
- clinical placement referee
Applications should be forwarded to:
Training & Development Coordinator
Alexandra District Health
Applications for the 2021 program close on Friday 17 July 2020.
Pictured: Natasha Bowater - Training and Development Coordinator (left) and Jeanie Hurrey - Acute Services and Urgent Care Manager (right).