Are you passionate about health in your local community?
Apply now, to become a member of the Alexandra District Health Consumer Advisory Committee.
We are seeking community-minded people, who can improve consumer, carer and community participation in service planning and operations at Alexandra District Health.
We are looking for people who:
- Demonstrate understanding of the local community and local health issues.
- Are active members of the local community with strong community networks.
- Reflect community issues at a strategic level.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Reflect the following qualities: integrity, honesty, respect of other views, objectivity, strategic thinking, leadership, being inclusive.
As part of the committee, you would...
- Provide advice to the Board on the community participation and inclusion of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of health service operations, planning and policies.
- Advocate to the Board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
- Advise the Board on priorities and issues requiring consumer, carer and community participation.
- Provide input into the development of the Strategic Plan, Cultural Diversity Plan, annual Quality Account and consumer publications.
- Consider matters referred by the Board or the CEO/DON.
- Assist the Board and Executive in communication and engagement with the consumers and community.
- Assist with the development of information for consumers and the community.
Meetings are held bi-monthly.
Please refer to the Application Form, Consumer Advisory Committee Position Description and Terms of Reference; these are available by clicking the above link or from Reception at ADH.
For more information please contact Juliana McCashney (03) 5772 0924.